Saturday, April 5, 2014

She Is Quite The Lady




Lady Gaga graces the Summer 2014 issue of Porter Magazine. I was so excited to hear Gaga was chosen for this cover, following Giselle Bundchen who was on Porter's first cover. What I loved most when I first saw the cover was that someone was finally showcasing Gaga's pure beauty. Stripped of her wigs, the theatrical makeup and her flamboyant costumes Gaga seems to be exposed like never before. 

Inez & Vinoodh/Porter Magazine

                       Inez & Vinoodh/Porter Magazine

Inez & Vinoodh/Porter Magazine

"It is often easy to forget that there is actually a young woman - and an exceptional musician - behind the wigs and the costumes, the hype and the theatrics," said the mag's editor-in-chief Lucy Yeomans.

"With these pictures, we wanted to reveal the woman behind the Lady, the artist behind the artifice, Yeomans continued.

"When I first saw Inez & Vinoodh's shot of Gaga wearing nothing but her grandmother's vintage robe - the piece she often wears to write her music in - I just knew it had to be the cover.

"It felt authentic, personal and beautiful, and unlike any image I have seen of her before."

Already a huge fan of Lady Gaga and I love this au natural look.  Thoughts? ~J






No comments:

Post a Comment