- 8 slices cooked bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 onions (finely chopped)
- 3 bell peppers (stemmed/seeded/finely chopped)
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 ounce canned and diced green chiles (drained)
- 1 small can adobe chipotles diced with juice
- 4 ounce canned and diced jalapeño chiles (I use 1/2 can)
- 4-5 cups water
- 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ounce can Goya small white beans
- 12 ounce can Goya small pink beans
- 2 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to top bowls of chili
- ** I serve chili with corn bread (as pictured above)
1.Cook bacon and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2.Brown ground beef and drain the fat off. Set to the side in a separate bowl.
3.Add your olive oil to a skillet and brown your chopped garlic. Once that is browned, add your chopped onion and peppers. Cook onions and peppers until they soften.
4. Add ground beef to vegetable mixture.
5. Add the diced chiles, jalapenos, chipotles,tomato paste, and petite diced tomatoes.
6. Add the cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon.
7. Rinse and drain white and pink beans and add to chili.
8. Add water, cook and simmer for an hour or longer.
9. Garnish chili with fresh cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
10. Serve with corn bread... delicious!